Before 1920 there was no hospital in Mission, The nearest public one was in New Westminster.
On April 9 1920 a group of ladies met and formed the Auxiliary and elected Emma Houlder president. She became a member of the newly formed Hospital Board. Both groups worked hard. They rented a two store house on the corner of Third and Birch. A Bazaar raised $150 with which they purchased bedding, table linen, nightshirts, towels and prepared the hospital for its first patients . The temporary hospital opened on May 15, 1920. Then the fund raising really began
Today the Mission Health Care Auxiliary Society runs the Auxiliary Gift Shop in the hospital the total revenue from Dec.1, 2013 to Nov. 30, 2014 was $50,592
We run the Cottage Thrift Store on 1st Ave. The total revenue from Dec 1, 2013 to Nov. 30 2014 was $166,995.
The Auxiliary has purchased TVs for each of the 38 beds in Mission Memorial Hospital and rent them to the patients the revenue was $15,925(Dec 1 2013 to Nov. 30,2014)
The Auxiliary took over the Red Cross equipment loan service. We loan equipment to patients in need and receive donations the total receipts was $4,393.00 (Dec 1 2013 to Nov. 30, 2014)
We have volunteers working in The Residence in Mission (TRIM) where 200 residents now reside. Total Disbursements for patient comforts was$26,336, $87,000 Complex Care Residence Campaign)
$34,611 Equipment for Mission Memorial Hospital